Sunday, April 22, 2007

Scrub a dub dub

I've acquired a new tool to scrub my kitchen floor - a vintage Sears/Kenmore shampooer/polisher. Problem is, I don't know how to use it.

There appears to be a tank that holds water and there are 2 large round scrub brushes on the bottom. My guess is that you put some kind of solution in the tank, depress a "pull up" knob near the top of the handle to release the liquid. There are 2 speeds on this thing and a "scrub" setting. If anyone's used this before, can you explain:

1) How much liquid should I put in the tank?
2) What would be the best shampooing solution I should use? I hate to buy something commercial when a mixture of lysol would do.
3) Can I just put "water only" in the tank, sprinkle some Ajax on the floor and scrub that way?

I'm ashamed to admit that my floor hasn't seen a good scrubbing in about 3 years. With the spine problems I have, I can't get on my hands and knees to scrub my linoleum well. I couldn't very well ask someone else to do it for me. I thought using one of these scrubbers would be the best solution.

I'm planning to tackle this thing tomorrow when the kids are at school. Any advice would be appreciated.

No comments: