Saturday, April 7, 2007

I've been sidelined...

I'm down but I'm not out. I knew that working on my basement would put me into recuperative mode. I still have some cancerous spots on my spine but, for the most part, I don't feel them. Whenever I move boxes or do anything even remotely strenuous, I end up in pain. It gets me mad because I want to do stuff. The main reason for my clutter is because I wasn't able to do much for several years. So I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle on my back.

Well, I've taken a break from the basement for a few days. Actually, my goal now is to sort through one box a day. I do believe that taking small bites rather than big ones will show progress over time.

Is it worth it? People always say, take care of yourself first and I agree. I have to say that tripping over stuff in the basement and spending endless amounts of time looking for stuff that should be in order is not taking care of myself. It makes me angry and frustrated. Both things I think tend to take away from the "harmony" I need to feel better.

The worst of the moving of stuff is over. I just need to clean and tidy now. I couldn't in all honesty invite people over to help for fear of them hurting themselves. I will succeed. I think it's time to call in the troops!

No comments: