Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 9/21 to 9/27

Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years since I updated this blog. I'm happy to report that I've still been menu planning all this time and it's helped me through some difficult times. In particular, I'm now on my 5th or 6th chemo (lost track) and I'm able to plan my menus on a day when I feel better knowing that my kids will eat foods they know and love even when I'm ill. I also plan easy meals around the days when I know I won't be much good in the kitchen. This helps me keep some normalcy under uncertain circumstances.

I should mention that I'm the one in the family who is extremely lactose-intolerant. My kids aren't and my hubby is only slightly. Most of my meals are dairy free except for the pizza and burritos (see my mods below).

Here's this weeks' menu:

Monday: Fish and Chips/salad (this is just freezer bought breaded fish with tater tots)
Tuesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs with garlic bread

Wednesday: Crockpot Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice (a new recipe from Cook at Home)

Thursday: 50's Prime Time Meatloaf (my kids love meatloaf, I'll be trying this also from Cook at Home's website), mashed potatoes and a veg from the farmer's market visit on Tues.

Friday: Frozen pizza/leftovers - the kids mutiny if we don't have pizza on Fridays. The kids eat their pizza with cheese but I don't. My hubby and I are the ones who eat the leftovers from the past week.

Saturday: Burritos with brown rice and beans - again, the kids mutiny if we don't eat burritos on Saturday. The kids eat theirs with cheese, I omit the cheese and stock my burritos with refried beans instead.

Sunday: Baseball banquet - eating out (I usually cook a traditional Sunday meal but not this week).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to invite you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Your crock pot recipe would be perfect for that. Come on over and check it out. Thanks so much for posting.